Roscón de Reyes with Thang Zhong
This year I bring you a different recipe, the ROSCÓN DE REYES WITH THANG ZHONG. THANG ZHONG is an Asian technique similar in appearance to a kind of porridge that gives us more tender and spongy dough.
In my house we are big fans of roscones, we make them every year with different recipes and fillings to enjoy them in all possible ways. The stuffed roscones have a legion of admirers, we are not going to deny it, the most popular are the roscones filled with creamor the truffle stuffed rosconesbut in my house they adore the roscón stuffed with dulce de leche and cream which is already the height of the sweet world.
If this is your first year in the world of roscones, I advise you to start with the roscón for beginnersIt's okay, it's simple and you won't get unpleasant surprises if you follow the recipe, on the contrary, at home they won't believe that you made it. And if you want an even easier one, be sure to see the roscón de reyes of mascarpone.
The ingredients are easily available GIRLThe main supermarket for my food purchases and where I always find everything I need.
Watch this recipe on VIDEO
Roscón de Reyes with Thang Zhong
1 roscón de reyes
- zhong thong
- 80 gram milk
- twenty gram Of flour
- For the MAIN DOUGH
- The whole thang zhong
- 150 gram from SOURDough activated that same day to 60% hydration. Use it between 2 or 3 hours after activating it when it is at its peak of activity. + 2 g fresh yeast or 1 g dry baker's yeast sourdough recipe, HERE
- We will make a PRE FERMENT with 100 g of flour and 50 g of water + 6 g of fresh baker's yeast (or 2 g of dry yeast), mix everything and leave it for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight in the fridge (depends on the temperature of the kitchen can be outside the fridge) This PRE FERMENT would replace the SOURDUG.
- 350 gram GREAT STRENGTH flour or of force
- 2 eggs L (DEMILLO)
- 70 gram of sugar
- 30 gram honey (ginger) or invert sugar
- 30 ml orange blossom water or milk
- 30 ml of RON or milk
- Sixty-five gram of butter LARSA
- Pinch of salt 4 or 5g
- Zest of an orange.
- To decorate
- candied fruits, laminated almonds or wet sugar
Put the flour, eggs, honey, sugar, 2 g of fresh yeast, a pinch of salt, orange zest, orange blossom water, rum, sourdough or PREFERMENT in a bowl and knead until average speed for 15 minutes.
Rest for 10 minutes and knead again for 10 minutes. while adding the butter in pieces.
Once the butter is integrated, we again rest for 10 minutes and last kneading for 10 minutes.
We do the membrane test and if it is correct we consider the kneading finished, otherwise, we will knead a few more minutes.
In this case, it is convenient to store the dough in a bowl or oiled plastic bag and let it ferment for about two hours or until it doubles its size, then round, shape and let it ferment for about an hour (depends on the temperature of each house).
After the second fermentation, we decorate with the fruits, sliced almonds and bake in a preheated oven at 180º with heat up and down for about 25 or 30 minutes. You should keep an eye on your oven and if halfway through baking you see it very golden, it is best to cover it with aluminum foil.
To ensure perfect baking, you can use a probe thermometer and when the center of the dough reaches between 92º and 96º and it will be perfectly baked.
Once baking is complete, turn off the oven, open the door and leave the roscón in the oven for about 15 minutes so that it gradually warms up. Then remove, go to a rack.
Once cold, serve
Do you want to fill your Roscón de Reyes?
Other roscones that you cannot miss
Have you never made a Roscón de Reyes in your life?
- start doing IS roscón, is very easy and ideal for beginners.
What do I do if instead of a ROSCÓN DE REYES I got a churro?
- It may be that the flour is bad or expired, that the yeast has been diluted in milk that is too hot and has died before taking effect or that it is also expired. It may also be that you have been doing a thousand things and today was not your best day in the kitchen. In any case, nothing happens, we all have failures when we cook and there is no use complaining about spilled milk. The good thing is that you do not stay with that feeling of "failure" and later, any day when you have more time and less pressure, try again, you will see how well it turns out. Enjoy